Tuesday 18 August 2015

SAVING A MULTI-VOICE POEM USING THE“PRINT SCREEN” COMMAND.


SAVING A MULTI-VOICE POEM USING THE“PRINT SCREEN” COMMAND.
This takes up a bit of memory but I am trying it out to see how it works. Peace is a 4 part multi-voice poem. I have a version on rich text Microsoft Word that is eight point Lucida Console (a monospace font). I have this poem on a couple of my sites already (as html) but have not yet tried this way of saving the poem.

I view the poem on the file and zoom in until the poem fills the screen. I then do a print screen command (on my PC this is “Ctrl” and “Print Scrn” keys at the same time). I open a new Microsoft word file and paste in the file. I click on the screen shot illustration to pick it then: Save As Picture. Save this as a png (portable network graphics) photo file. This is a good quality format. I have then clicked on this file (to pick it) and Opened With [an option given] Serif PhotoPlus X5. I cropped this till only the poem and none of the extraneous bits are showing. I save this as a PNG file (but there are other options too). I will try to load this onto my web site and see how it looks. This is easy to do but I cannot see how I can do it for a two page poem (i.e. two screen shots).
I had to choose google chrome for my browser before the file would add.

Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment